If B2B is the main marketing goal of your business, then LinkedIn is the place to go. Here is a simple guide on how you can make LinkedIn marketing work wonders for your online business:
1. Post original content.
Instead of merely sharing links, write original content for your LinkedIn posts. You don’t want to lead potential clients to other destinations, right? Your goal is to make other businesses know about your business. Therefore, you want to write content that makes them stay on your LinkedIn profile and explore more about your company. This is why it is wise to post content that you or your team have originally written. You can share blog posts that are published on your website. Or better yet, post a slideshow or an infographic. You may also opt for short and compelling texts that LinkedIn users will find useful and engaging.
2. Be consistent with your publishing frequency.
Just like any other social media platform, posting consistency is critical in LinkedIn marketing. But how often should you really post on this B2B social media network? According to Sprout Social, the highest LinkedIn engagement falls between Tuesday to Thursday. You may also post 5 times a week, from Monday to Friday, specifically 8 am to 1 pm. This is because the platform has noticed the most engagement during weekday mornings and early afternoons. However, it also pays if you study analytics data in order to determine the best posting schedules and frequency for your LinkedIn page.
3. Make use of LinkedIn analytics.
As mentioned above, you should consider LinkedIn analytics when testing the most effective marketing strategy for your business page. By looking at the analytics figures, you can determine the following:
- What posts get the most engagement
- If time or frequency indeed impacts your overall engagement performance
- If your current content is indeed generating the traffic and leads that you are aiming for
4. Optimize your posts.
Optimizing LinkedIn posts means going for relevant content only. What do LinkedIn users really want to see in their feeds? Here are a few tricks you can apply:
- Include an image in your posts. You may also opt for infographics, presentations, or videos.
- Post short copies. For long-form content, you may go for a full article with a strong headline or a brief lead with a link to your website’s blog post section.
- Always have a clear and direct-to-the-point call to action.
- Start with a question to prompt responses to your post.
- Create LinkedIn polls.
- Put 2-3 hashtags naturally within the post. Make sure they’re relevant, too.
- Answer comments as immediately as possible.
5. Don’t be afraid to show off humor, too.
Just because you’re doing B2B marketing doesn’t mean you can’t be fun with your LinkedIn posts. Remember, social media marketing should still feel personal and relatable. So while you are minding your branding identity, why don’t you post content that is meaningful yet humorous? For example, you can try incorporating a famous movie line into your post if you think it’s relevant to the product you’re selling. Ultimately, stick to your desired marketing messaging without being too boring and strictly formal all the time.
LinkedIn marketing does work wonders for your business when the right strategies are applied. Therefore, consider investing in social media marketing VAs who know the best strategy for your online business. Talk to OneVA Hub today to get the expert assistance that you need.