Have you heard of social media e-commerce marketing? This is the process of utilizing social media platforms to promote an online shop. And if you want to make use of this modern tactic to drive more customers to your online business, read this informative article. Below are 5 ways e-commerce business owners like you can make the most of social media e-commerce marketing.
Building Brand Awareness
Social media is a perfect venue for creating buzz about your brand online. Facebook and other social media platforms can make it easy for you to promote your new e-commerce business, advertise your products and services, announce promotions or company events, and even communicate with your target audience.
This is why you should consider publishing on multiple social media channels. To successfully build brand awareness on social media, you must: showcase your company’s values and distinct personality, be consistent in your branding messages, speak to the right audience, demonstrate your brand’s value, and regularly respond to feedback.
According to Hootsuite data, ad reach on social media is as follows:
- 2.17 billion on FB
- 1.44 billion on Instagram
- 1.02 billion on TikTok
- 849.6 million on LinkedIn
The social media audience is indeed massive and ever-growing. You just have to be mindful of the following strategies to advertise effectively on various social media platforms:
- Identify your appropriate target market
- Come up with a compelling promotional copy
- Define your goals clearly
- Choose ad types that coincide with your set goals
- Specify the conversion metrics for monitoring purposes
If you want to particularly drive brand awareness on your social media accounts, go for carousel ads or images and videos. But if you want to increase sales, you may opt for shopping ads, which can then be measured by product page visits and/or the number of direct purchases.
Selling Products on Social Media Platforms
Did you know that you can make use of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok for direct selling since these channels come with their built-in e-commerce features? Even Twitter and Snapchat have partnered with Shopify to offer social selling options to their users. The many benefits of taking advantage of social commerce innovation include:
- It’s free.
- It gives your audience an interactive online shopping experience.
- It can streamline your sales process.
- It gives you the ability to set up live shopping.
- It enables headless commerce.
Having an E-Commerce Chatbot
To make the most of your sales capacity on social media, you must leverage AI-powered chatbots that can offer responsive customer support. A chatbot tool such as Hootsuite’s Heyday enables your social e-commerce business to:
- Interact with customers across multiple channels
- Provide pre and post-sale assistance 24-7
- Automatically send discounts, new product suggestions, and promotion highlights
- Respond to FAQs
- Guide your audience throughout the entire purchasing process
Offering Customer Support
Your target market can be impressed with your social media profiles if they can do the following:
- Find relevant information about your products
- Ask different questions
- Provide feedback
- Engage with your content
- Gather insights about the things they are looking for
Your brand must be always ready to handle comments and direct messages from existing and potential buyers. Aside from this, you can have good social proofing if you keep your social profiles as interactive as possible. The more you respond to buyers’ comments, the easier it can be to convince your audience to make a purchase.
Social media is indeed very powerful when strategized properly. So, if you want to promote your e-commerce business effectively on social media platforms, seek professional assistance from OneVA Hub!